Thursday 17 July 2014

Let the Music Play

Now that we are rapidly closing in on the wedding (100 days today, eek!), Jon and I have to start thinking about the construction of the ceremony, the hymns and the music.



When I was younger, I thought it would be fun to walk down the aisle to 'Linus and Lucy', something upbeat and a bit fun.


 However, I was informed that classical music is required for church, so alas I've been researching that instead.

Pachelbel's Canon in D is one of the most popular songs for weddings - two of my cousins had it, and I think just about every wedding from Don't Tell the Bride either has it, or the BBC dubs it over. It's a beautiful song. However, a bit of googling around brought me to this:



I highly recommend watching this because it is funny and super, but TL:DR version - Pachelbel's Canon sucks for the poor old Cellist, because they only get 8 notes in the whole song, and it's super boring for them.

If there is one thing I love love love more than anything, it is people rearranging classical music and interpreting it in different styles. So imagine my delight when, after finding the rant above, I stumbled across this beauty:


And also this:



What has, predictably, now happened is that I am trapped in a black hole of classical music reinterpretations on youtube and I've in fact lost sight of my original goal. Which is always the way whenever I go on youtube. Oh welllllll.

No comments:

Post a Comment